Thursday 24 January 2008

Week 3 - Response to Denise's Blog

I'd like to respectfully disagree/think-through some of Denise's comments regarding the "emerging church" and Wednesday's discussion. I don't think the paradigm discussed Wednesday means the abandonment of tradition - hymns, creeds, etc. all have contributed greatly to the community and will continue to. Perhaps Denise you could comment back on what traditions specifically you are concerned will get lost? I would think our discussion might appeal to you as these smaller "Kingdom of God" community groups are really reaching back to the earliest of Christian traditions - namely, we live as a community like Jesus did in the world; with passion for justice, peace and proclamation. I don't see this as a threat to tradition - I see it as the fulfillment of our greatest tradition... one that tends to get lost.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with your comments here, I think they can play together.