Thursday 21 February 2008

Week 7 - Response to Ben's Blog

Ben talks about being "Weary of Words." I liked his post and agree that our faith must have action with it. It is so interesting for me right now because I am in John Thompson's medieval/Reformation theology course discussing Martin Luther. Luther was so adament that 'action' was unneccessary for God to love us - I agree. But it seems like we're in our current mess because Christians distorted Luther by reducing the gospel to all "talk and head games." The Church's favorite book has been Galatians, but Ben's blog reminds me of James. It seems like that is where the Christian culture is now headed. I think a correction is needed, but can we not overcorrect and become only about social justice and forget about a deep and intimate relationship with Jesus? It seems like all of this should go hand-in-hand.

No comments: